Saturday, December 22, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
The C diminished chord is similar with the C minor chord but the G becomes Gb. You can create a diminished chord by dropping the two top notes of a major chord.
Notes are can be both lowered and raised. The G is raised to a G# to create an augmented chord. An augmented chord works similarly with a dominant-7 chord. You can interchange one with the other.
The major chord becomes suspended if the E is played with an F. A suspended chord creates tension and is resolved by playing a major chord.
Monday, December 10, 2012
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
You can choose any kind of method you like which can also be dependent on the cost. Time can also be a factor in determining which method you like to learn. Some of the best methods to learn are the following:
• Learn through private tutorials. Learning piano can best be learned through private tutorials. However, this can be an expensive method and scheduling between teacher and student has to be considered. This is a great method since learning can be made based on the pacing of the student.
• Learn through public instruction. This can be conducted in conservatories and other institutions. Learning piano through this method has similar pros and cons to private instruction. However, travelling to the said location is a consideration. Students might not be given personal instruction.
• Learn through video instruction. Piano can be learned through an online video learning system or through a DVD. It is more affordable than hiring an instructor and learning the pace is convenient and flexible, but there is a need for multiple DVDs and a student will not be able to determine his progress because of the absence of an instructor.
• Learning through the use of books. Piano playing can be learned through the use of books; however, it is not as effective as other ways since a student might not be able to understand books or its instructions.
• Learning through online instruction software. This method integrates various methods of learning piano such as convenience and feedback from the instructor, individualized training, and flexible learning pace.
There are many ways of learning piano but the important thing is that you should have a piano. You are not required to purchase a brand new piano, but you can borrow from friends or relatives. However, it would be great to buy a new one as this can help you in learning the techniques of learning piano.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
The violin is the sweetest sounding musical instrument among all the instruments in existence. Choosing to play the violin as your instrument is the best choice and learning it could be simple for beginners. All it takes is by following the three steps:
1. Develop self-confidence.
Many people who attempt in learning something new usually fail when they first start to think of the venture as a difficult one. When this comes to mind, this set-up makes learning it an unsuccessful one. It is thus important to have the self-confidence that will be your drive in learning to play the violin. Listening to music is an entirely different manner from leaning to play it by yourself.
Everyone always starts from a simple basic step. You should not think of yourself as inadequate in learning the violin as anyone can learn with the right mix of dedication, practice, and correct instruction. Do not forget to include the magic formula of self-confidence.
2. Set A Daily Practice Schedule
There is this adage that says, "Correct practice makes perfect." Learning to play the violin involves having a daily schedule of practice. One should have at least an hour of practicing the violin. Great violinists always testify that they reached their level of perfection because of the daily schedule of practice. Most people nowadays believe they do not have enough time on their hands but there are different ways of achieving this goal:
* Whenever you have vacant time, you can always practice while waiting.
* Imagine the piece that you have to learn at home. Visualize the notes that you have to play and the rhythm that goes with it.
* You can have online lessons which can make you choose your own practice time.
Stick with the schedule and you will realize that you have mastered a piece within a certain amount of time.
3. Choose the right violin teacher.
There are many online lessons that one can find on the web. If you live currently in Iloilo, Philippines, a quality violin teacher is available for violin lessons at affordable rates.